On Friday, we watched a video detailing Napoleon’s rise to the height of his career. Today we are exploring his the fall from the “Summit of Ambition.”
Today we will look at 6 major mistakes Napoleon made. The six mistakes are:
- Ordered a blockade to prevent trade and communication between Great Britain and other European nations.
- Sent an army to invade Portugal and began the Peninsular War.
- In June 1812, invaded Russia with his Grand Army.
- Entered Moscow on September 14, 1812, and stayed in the ruined city for five weeks.
- Raised another army and fought the Battle of Leipzig.
- Escaped Elba, reclaimed title of emperor, and fought Battle of Waterloo.
Students will work in pairs to prepare a poster with details on one of these mistakes. The full instructions can be found in the document below.